Friday, March 31, 2017

Love & the purpose in life


Before starting the topic, I want to ask how many of you really know the definition of love? Is it just like as simple as you guys like each other then you would get the eternal love with the person you lovin' with? The answer is "Definitely not!"


The more important thing excess the love is how to maintain the relationship and how you to enjoy the moment getting along with your lover. No matter how many arguments you guys did, how many different opinions existed when making a decision together with, different viewpoints on things to produce a differences of point. These are all you need to learn and include to receive the upcoming challenges that you are going to face. 

It takes time, but it's worth to each of us to practice and learn how to treasure every relationship we get in different stage of our life. The video below was about a twentysomething girl encountered a trouble that she didn't know the real love in life. She was dating down, but she slept with a knucklehead. Yet, it was not like she is going to marry the guy! A psychologist talked about how she dealt with a case that happened to her, and how her supervisor said, "Not yet, but she might marry the next one."

As a twentysomething person, I've dropped into a very depressing period before. I lost my purpose, passions, hobbies and targets in life. Somehow, I was really disappointed, and I didn't know who to talk because likewise I didn't want to talk to any of my friends, all I wanted was just faced it alone. 


Several weeks before, I still made myself dropped into that dark period! Suddenly, there was a sound appeared from my mind that told me to stop being like that. I tried to figure out the problem that I was currently facing... 

Finally, I found out that that thing occupied me was "Empty." I felt like I lost the purposes and I felt like nothing is important in life. How did I solve the problem I get? I started reading a book I've read before, "The Purpose Driven Life." It is a Christian reading. As a Christian, I've read it in Mandarin version when I was 18. Now I read it again in English version. 

Miraculously, I discovered that the real purpose in life is how god created us and gave us a purpose. All challenges we face are all the test from the god! Life on earth is just temporary, but the eternity is where we go after we die. God picks up those people who believe in his son, Jesus; and open the door for them. That's how god does! 

I am not going to talk about the religion in this article. I just want to express that how I tried to find out the reality in life, and to become a more positive person than I was. Watching the TED speech about the topic today, which made me re-definite ourselves and the purpose of life again. 

I am 21 currently! The twentysomething's life can't begin later until thirty. That is what this psychologist reminded me after watching this video; I re-connected the book I am reading and also the viewpoints she mentioned. I've got a conclusion! Man, treasure what you have, love what you do, plan your life positively, spread your active attitude in life, follow the words in bible and most importantly, enjoy it no matter how bitter or how sweet it is! 


Thank for your reading! I'd be appreciated if you can tell me your opinions.

- Timothinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hugest Power in the World #2 How to Change?

In my previous post, I mentioned a great YouTuber that I found out recently. He always shares his positive thinking to all his fans. That&#...