Tuesday, February 21, 2017

First times

Seriously, it was a very wonderful week. After I finished being a ten-day class mentor, I still had a one-week-holiday before the new semester begins. One night, I was browsing the Couchsurfing app on my phone, looking around for a traveler visiting my country, in the hopes of giving him/her a tour or even host him in my home. 

As I mentioned, I am a wanderlust! I love traveling a lot, so I thought maybe I could give someone a hand by helping him/her tour and appreciate my country as his/her first time alone! I clicked the “traveler” option, and started looking for someone whom I think might match my schedule. Finally I found one, and I sent that person a message and I also did a brief introduction to tell him my purpose and what I can offer as a host.

He is a Filipino, and honestly I know the Filipino culture quite well! (I traveled there twice in 2016.) It was actually an awesome experience that we met each other on CS! His flight was at midnight, so I wasn’t able to pick him up at the airport. However, I guided him how to get to his hostel and how to take the train by himself. I know the feeling of being a solo traveler, having the same experience before. It is exciting but scary as well. We hung out for dinner for his first night, and I found out that he is such a great person who has unique viewpoints on current news as a social media manager.

That's really awesome for me! Even though I know the culture of the Philippines quite well, I learned and saw something different through him. He is young, but he's doing something big and brave! During the days he stayed here, I brought him to places he wanted to visit, taught him the local lifestyle by hosting him in my home. Honestly, it was my first time to bring foreign friend at home, and it was awesome to share thoughts with him! We talked a lot that night, and I didn't know that my family can be really hospitable, as they treated my friend like their own son! I was a bit jealous that they treated him even better than me! Just kidding!

Time flew so fast! His four-day trip already drew a period. It was really hard to say goodbye when you cultivated a friendship like that in a span of four days. That night, I sent him to the airport and we talked a lot in the food court before he checked in. We seemed like a super close friend who can share everything to each other! I will truly treasure the limited time we had. Wish you succeed in your job and achieve your goals after heading back to Manila!

Thanks you chose Taiwan as your first foreign country to visit! I always believe that everything that happened was pre-destined. I really appreciated everything in the past week. Anyway, I didn't cry by saying goodbye because I know it will not be the last time that we will meet!

Thank you for everything,

Timothinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hugest Power in the World #2 How to Change?

In my previous post, I mentioned a great YouTuber that I found out recently. He always shares his positive thinking to all his fans. That&#...